Sunday 14 January 2018

New York - Highlights Of The Week

This week, I have had the most amazing experience in New York, and this post is just me telling you what kinds of things I got up to and what great places I got to go to. My most favorite part of this trip was visiting Central Park with snow settled everywhere. It was beautiful to see the contrast of the nature vs the high skyscrapers of the city. Other beautiful places include the artistic parts of Williamsburg, Brooklyn with the street art covering many walls of the borough. This captivated me and inspired me as the shops there were very unique and minimalist compared to the streets. The difference looked interesting and surreal. 
Other interesting places I visited was Grand Central Station which has hosted many iconic movies and TV series like Gossip Girl and Just my Luck. Being there in real life just shows to me how its such a great location for films. Warm lighting, grand architecture and great space. This is a beautiful place to visit and I would highly recommend going there to anyone visiting to New York.
On our final day in New York, we were super excited to visit Top Of the Rock which is on the top of the Rockefeller Center. We got in the lift to go up and it had a clear top so you could see how fast you were going up. I felt like I was in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when the lift fly's up out of the top of the factory. It was unnerving but very exhilarating. When we got to the top the first thing we saw was the amazing panoramic view of the city. We went to the very top floor where there was no glass and you could see the view from the balcony. Beautiful and breathtaking, however freezing cold! we waited as long as we could until we had to leave to get back to the hotel in time to get the coach to catch our flight home. This was a great end to a great trip and I would love to go here again. 
View from Top Of The Rock

432 Park Avenue

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hannah West. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig