Tuesday 16 January 2018

S/S18 Paul Smith

For my Summative brief, I was given the brand Paul Smith to look at and research. I was also given a trend story of "techno futuristic" s/s 18 and when I look at Paul Smith's s/s18 ready to wear collection, I feel it has strong futuristic styling to it. When reading about this collection I found out it was inspired by Hawaiian print. I feel this retro print is typical to the Paul Smith way which is quirky but brought traditional and updated to todays trends. Looking at his collection, I feel the print looks like Hawaii in space with the sheen materials with blues and purples with surrealistic outer-space print of the moon and stars. 


Paul Smiths collection has connotations with 80s fashion and Hawaiian print was popular at this time. My interpretation of this collection is that feel it has had a techno twist with it creating something extremely interesting and slightly surreal. I love this collection as it shows the blast from the past but with futuristic tones. Almost like being in the 80s and looking forward in time. I love it! And of-course it involved lots of bright colours and prints.







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hannah West. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig