Tuesday 10 April 2018

The assassination of Gianni Versace

For the past 6 weeks, Ive been watching a crime story about the real life murder of Gianni Versace. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. However, with the title aiming at Versace, I was disappointed that the story has mainly been about his murderer, Andrew Cunana.

I haven't quite been enjoying this series as I just haven't got into it. Firstly, the main actor who plays Andrew isn't very convincing. Yes the man who murdered Versace was quite clearly a psychopathic serial killer who loved to pretend to be something he's not. But I just cant get my head around how irritating he is making it slightly displeasing to watch. 

Within this documentary series, there are a-lot of parts which show how gay people were treated and still being frowned upon. However, Gianni showed how he wanted to be open about his sexuality and express himself. I feel the programme is based mainly around the gay community and how many struggles there were for some men to be in relationships with one another whereas others were open completely. Before watching this I didn't quite realise that there were still quite intense and hard times for gay people in the 90s about coming out and just being themselves.

All I have really seen about Versace is that he suffered a major illness of HIV, that he wanted women to be dressed differently and break boundaries by embracing female empowerment. However that is mainly all.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hannah West. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig