Sunday 7 January 2018

Im Going To New York tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is going to be such an amazing day for me. Im going to NEW YORK CITY!!!!! I feel this is a great opportunity to go to some exhibitions and see what places make New York different to other cities. Since a young girl i've always wanted to go to America, especially NYC. Sex and the City is one of my favorite series and inspired my love for fashion so this to me is a great opportunity to explore New York culture. Tomorrow i'm flying out from Heathrow and landing in Newark International Airport in New Jersey. For the last few days, the East Coast of the US has had major freezing temperatures and weather problems causing cancellations of flights, but hopefully now its starting to slightly warm up, even though it will still be freezing, that our flight runs smoothly.
The people i'm going with are on my fashion communication and promotion course at university and I hope this will be a good opportunity to make new friends and get to know each-other better. I will be staying at the Hotel Wolcott in Manhattan which has a bold French shabby-chic style which I hope will make for some great pictures! We arrive at Hotel Wolcott on Monday evening so we can chill for that evening ready to explore the next day.

Hotel Wolcott 
Hotel Wolcott


On Tuesday 9th, we will be exploring Midtown Manhattan and Chelsea where I would love to visit the Chelsea market with its urban and industrial feel to it. I feel this will be a great time to walk around and try and get a feel of New York and see what interesting things it has to offer. I feel walking around and exploring is the best way of getting to know a place better and also finding hidden treasures.
Chelsea Market
On day 3 - Wednesday 10th, id like to visit the Museum of Modern Art as I have never really visited that many Modern Art galleries, but instead am more used to historical art through my time at school and college. This will be a great educational way for me to learn more about art today. I will be walking around the Meatpacking district, Soho and Nolita.
Museum Of Modern Art 
The rest of my week will include:

Day 4 - Thursday I will be travelling Brooklyn and visit Williamsburg and also Long Island City via American Revolution. 

Day 5 - Friday 12th Explore Uptown Manhattan, Upper East Side / Central Park / Rockefeller Centre and visit the Metropolitan Museum.

Day 6 - Saturday 13th is the last chance for us to Explore New York in which I would like to visit the Museum at FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) exhibitions and also to do a little Shopping! as a shopaholic, I can't not.

Day 7- Back home to the UK .

Central Park

Empire State Building 

Rockefeller Centre 
Times Square 




I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hannah West. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig