Tuesday 9 January 2018

My first day in New York


Today, I woke up in Hotel Wolcott, Midtown Manhattan feeling slightly drained from yesterdays travels from Heathrow to Newark. After our 8 hour flight, we had to queue to get through customs which took about 2 hours! Waking up feeling slightly rested, we then went down into the “lobby” (as Americans say), and took advice from our lecturer to head up towards the Rockefeller Center and advised us to go and look at the Bergdorf Goodman department store. This was great for looking at the visual merchandising as the shop windows are said to be amazing. They did not let me down. Beautiful!


After going to Bergdorf Goodman’s, me and my friends spotted Central Park. Never have I been so breath taken from such a stunning view, with the contrast of city skylines and the nature from the park. A rare sight but so surreal and interesting to see. Walking around central park was quite risky as its quite icy here as there is lots of snow from last weeks major cold weather. Other than my conscience telling me not to slip and fall, I hope to go here again this week at some point to go on the ice skating rink.

Later on in the evening, we met up with some more people on our course and took a trip to visit Times Square. Ive never seen it so light when its dark, so this vast place made my eyes ache slightly - like looking at hundreds of computer screens. Apart from this, it was a great place to visit! Afterwards, we walked around the times square area and found a nice place to sit and eat where I had the typical Burger and Chips. Today was great and I cannot wait for the rest of the week and to see what New York has to offer!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hannah West. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig