Monday 28 May 2018

A Wedding to remember

A beautiful celebration of British culture. Royal weddings. 19th May 2018 Prince Harry and actress Meghan Markle got married. While I was laying in bed on a lazy Saturday morning, I was watching the royal wedding in all its glory... On my laptop. Im not a royalist at all but all I was really interested in was what is she wearing! 
At first, looking at the dress I was questioning, why does it look so big? and boring? A royal wedding may be something of a conservative event. However, in previous times we've had Princess Diana's historical dress designed by the Emanuel's and also Kate Middleton's classy Sarah Burton Dress. I was a little disappointed in Meghan's Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy dress. Although I wasn't a personal fan of the dress, It was a first. Minimal wedding dresses are in complete contrast to what we think of tradition when it comes to royal weddings. Could this of in-fact been a statement to have been made? 

Watching the Wedding service was also one of the royals first. Preacher Reverend Michael Curry gave a speech before the couple were wedded. He stole the show and i've never seen anything like it. We even saw a few sarcastic glances being thrown around the room. It was pretty humorous to us Brits and I think the Americanisation of it was just something we're maybe not quite used to. Other than this, he shared a beautiful and passionate! religious story for the couple. 










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hannah West. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig