Friday 11 May 2018

Met Gala 2018 - Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination

Monday 4th May 2018, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York hosted the Met Gala which famous faces meet up to raise money for the Met's Costume Institute. This year the theme for the event was ' Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination'. I loved this theme as it has such a broad artistic and interesting influence that the designers could really push boundaries in which direction they chose. 


I was awake in my bed refreshing all social media on Monday night for at least an hour before I got too tired and had to go to sleep... as i'm in UK time. I was amazed to see some great outfits and of course Rhianna was a show stopper. She killed the game in her Maison Margiela dress by John Galliano. By far my favorite of the night. Apart from the celebrities who attended the Gala, I was surprised and gutted that Beyoncé didn't arrive. The past few years she has looked flawless but hopefully she'll return for next years event. 

So other than Rhianna and Beyoncé, here are a few of my favorite looks of the night.. along with Lana Del Ray in the most AMAZING Gucci dress.
Favorite Looks - Met Gala 2018

Lana Del Ray - Gucci 

Blake Lively - Atelier Versace 

I feel there was a lack of creativity in some of the designs of the Gala which I felt some looked quite obvious and safe.  Here are some of my least favorite looks of the night:
My Least Favorite Looks - Met Gala 2018



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hannah West. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig