Sunday 29 April 2018

The 60's

The 60's.

I'm not quite sure what my fascination with this era is, but Ive had it now since I was around 12. I think it stems from listening to the Beatles with my dad and watching their films 'A hard days night' and 'Yellow submarine'. Maybe the thought of a time I've not experienced feels interesting. Through growing up in a time where CDs were just becoming a thing, I feel the future hit the world extremely fast. Does thinking about old times bring nostalgia to our brains?

Recently, I started watching (binge watching) Mad Men. This re-lit my LOVE for all things 60's and most importantly the fashion element. The styling on this series is unbelievably amazing and throughout series 1-5 which is where I am now, you can really see the development of women's fashion thorough-out the decade. Every episode I just can't wait to see what the beautiful women wear.

Before watching Mad Men, I didn't realise the extent to women's fashion in the 60's, but now I can see hats and earrings played a major role. A few examples I love in the series:



Another thing I've noticed throughout the series so far, is that the hair on the females started off as bob-length and was always volumised and full. However, as the "60s" went on, their hair started to get longer, curlier and let down more.

I love the feeling of glamour, sophistication and the sense of spontaneous living the 60s has shown and influenced on the films and programmes I've got to seen throughout my life. The way fashions changed so dramatically and bravely which doesn't get seen much today. I feel the 60's could quite possibly been one of the most revolutionary and experimental times that influenced what we all wear today from colours to design.

I found a few images of influences from the 60s from art to people which I find inspiring.



















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hannah West. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig